Thursday, March 12, 2015
5 Reasons Why Team Building is Very Important
Just recently, our facilitators facilitating a Team Building activity of one of the big organizations in Zamboanga City and during the said activity we discover more deeply that Team Building activity is very important for all organizations.
One of the participant told us after the activity that he realize how luck he is to be a part of a company/organization where leaders values team building.
Team Building and special planned activities will not only boost morale of employees, but it can also increase the success of an organization.
Here are some of the few reasons why team building is important in the workplace.
1. Facilitates Better Communication - activities that create discussion enable open communication among employees, and between employees and management. This can improve office relationships and in turn, the quality of work done.
2. Motivates Employees - Team leadership and team building go hand in hand. The more comfortable your employees are to express their ideas and opinions, the more confident they will become. This will motivate them to take on new challenges.
3. Promotes Creativity - Taking a team outside of an office setting and exposing them to experiences will force them to think outside of their normal routine. Working together with other team members can ignite creativity and fresh ideas, which are great qualities to bring back to the office.
4. Develops Problem-Solving Skills - In public relations a crisis can happen at any time. team building activities that require co-workers to work together to solve problems can improve the ability to think rationally and strategically. Teams that are able to determine when a problem arises and know what they can do about it, can effectively take charge when real crisis occurs.
5. Break the Barrier - Team building increases the trust factor with your employees. Often in corporate settings there is a disconnect between the leadership team and employees sense too large of a gap between the two. Team building exercises give leadership the opportunity to be seen a s a colleague rather than a boss, which can do wonders for employee morale.
Overall, team building in the workplace enables better communication, better relationships and ultimately increases productivity.
Original Article: http://redshoespr.com/5-reasons-why-team-building-is-important/
This group is from Sangali National High School of Zamboanga City. They (43 participants) travel from Zamboanga City to Cagayan de Oro City then crossed Balingoan Port to Benoni Port of Camiguin Island.
Their activities lasted for 3days and 2nights with various activities like countryside tours, visiting popular destinations in the island, island hop in Mantigue and White Island. In between we designed and facilitated their Team Building activity.
As we can see in their faces.. each one made a unforgetable experience.
Evaluation says, they are more open to one another in opinions, suggestions, criticisms and discussions.
Team building works!
Join our call in building STRONGER, UNITED teams!